TOP TIPS FOR YOUR DAILY SKIN CARE ROUTINE FOR DRY SKIN!
Posted on April 05 2018
TOP TIPS FOR YOUR DAILY SKIN ARE ROUTINE FOR DRY SKIN
Many people have dry skin. Dry skin is described not having the suitable amount of water in the epidermis layer of the skin. Dry skin equally affects both males and females with older individuals being more prone to the condition.
Dry skin requires special care, which is why daily skin care routine for dry skin is important. Practicing a daily skin care habit is an effective way to acquire and maintain a healthy skin. However, this kind of lifestyle can make it quite difficult today for people to achieve a radiant skin free of various diseases. A variety of factors is responsible for this.
Dry skin mostly affects the face, abdomen, hands, arms, lower leg, soles, and ankles. Mild dry skin may be temporary and may last for a few days to a couple of weeks. Severe dry skin may be a long-lasting skin condition. With this, you should have an effective skincare routine for dry skin.
CAUSES OF DRY SKIN
Dry skin may be caused by external and internal factors. Many people have dry skin due to external factors such as low humidity and cold temperatures. Most people have dry skin during the winter months.
While taking a shower increases water in the skin, the evaporation of water that occurs afterward may result in drying of the skin. If you feel your skin tightening after a shower, chances are too much natural oil has been removed from your skin causing it to be dry.
Washing your hands with soap removes some of the natural oil from the skin. The more you use soap especially the harsh ones, the more oil gets out of your skin resulting in dry skin.
Dry skin due to internal factors may include genetics, age, family history, health and medical conditions such as atopic dermatitis (inflammation of dermatitis resulting in the red, swollen, itchy and cracked skin).
Some medications may cause dry skin. Dry skin is a common side effect of drugs taken for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, acne, and allergies. People with thyroid problems are also prone to having dry skin. Nevertheless, a skincare routine for dry skin can help in alleviating dryness, if it cannot totally be zeroed out.
SYMPTOMS OF DRY SKIN
Itching is the number one symptom of having dry skin. If you have dry skin, your skin will have red, dry and rough patches and they are always itchy. In severe cases, there may be fissures and cracks in the skin.
Itching often worsens dry skin because of what is commonly called as the itch-scratch cycle. Your skin is itchy. You scratch it. The more it becomes itchy.
Other symptoms of dry skin include tightening of the skin after bathing, showering or swimming, rough looking and feeling skin, skin peeling, scaling or flaking and fine to deep cracks. Sometimes, deep cracks may even bleed.
SKIN CARE ROUTINES FOR DRY SENSITIVE SKIN
Dry skin looks dull and lifeless if you do not handle it properly. While maintaining a skin care routine for dry skin, it is important to be careful in the products you use. Otherwise, these products could bring more damage to your skin. Follow the tips given below for the best skin care routine for dry sensitive skin:• Cleanse - When it comes to dry skin, cleansing once every day is enough to get rid of the accumulated dirt. A dry, sensitive skin cleanser can clean the skin without causing irritation and stripping off the moisture. Use a creamy cleanser that is Soap-free and fragrance-free if your skin is dry and sensitive. Use it before going to bed, wash your face with the cleanser thoroughly as part of your daily routine. Make sure you rinse it with cool water.
• Moisturise - Use a moisturiser on your face at least thrice a day to keep the skin hydrated and to avoid tightness and roughness of the facial skin. Look for beauty essential oils that contain coconut, avocado, sunflower, olive, almond, or jasmine, as they all give a moisturising effect to the skin. This daily skin care routine helps keep your complexion look healthy and young. Moisturiser your skin the proper way can maintain your skin’s water content by as much as 30%. Skin that is well-moisturiser is more elastic, suppler, softer and resilient to oxidation and therefore healthier. Most dermatologists say that moisturiser the proper way helps relieve the symptoms of dry skin.
• Facial Mask - Applying a facial mask is also another great additional benefit to your routine, in which it helps rejuvenate the skin and makes it smooth. Prepare a facial mask by mixing a teaspoon of honey, one ripe mashed banana, a tablespoon of yogurt, and one ripe mashed avocado. Apply this particular paste on your face. Allow it to dry before washing it off with cool water.
• Exfoliate - Exfoliating as a part of your skincare routine for dry skin gets rid of all the dead skin to allow your skin to absorb the moisturizers properly. Exfoliate only once or at the most twice weekly especially with your face. Aside from being harsh on the skin, they are also a breeding ground for bacteria and germs. A clean and soft washcloth is much better. The method for exfoliating your dry, sensitive skin includes using a slightly abrasive cleaner like a loofah or sponge. You may also use an exfoliating product that is suitable for your skin! However always remember to use natural products! Always to try and remember to use a gentle cleanser when doing your exfoliation for your skin care routine. Also, do not exfoliate your sensitive skin more than twice a week, as you don’t want to wash away natural & essential oils that your body produces!
OUR TOP TIPS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
• Always close the bathroom door when showering.
• Use warm water instead of hot water.
• Bathe or shower only for only a maximum of 10 minutes so as not to wash off to much oil in your skin.
• Gently pat dry your skin with a towel.
• Drying your skin - Always dry your skin carefully. After bathing or showering, gently pat dry your skin with a towel. If possible, incorporate air drying as part of your skincare routine for dry skin. Rubbing vigorously may not only irritate your skin, but it may also remove too much oil and moisture. If you have dry skin, it will make it worse. If you don’t yet have that dry skin, you just may have it.
• Protecting your skin from the sun - It is a must to always protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun, more so when you have dry skin. The heat of the sun worsens your skin & dries it out. Too much exposure to the sun, unprotected, can place you at risk of developing skin cancer.
We Always recommend our reef friendly SPF 30+ SunClear!
As you are establishing your own daily skin care routine for dry skin, it is also essential to prevent this by helping your body along the way. Below are some basic solutions:
• The first step to take is to consume the right amount of water that is required daily. Most studies suggest 2-3L per day! Incorporating this dry skin care routine with a high intake of fruit and vegetable juices will do wonders for your skin!
• Use only natural skin care products for your skin care routine and avoid using harsh cosmetics and beauty products. We may be biased, but natural is simply the best!
• It is advised to use mineral water to cleanse your face and body. Water tends to dry out the skin further, and may also irritate the skin. We help many people with eczema, psoriasis & dermatitis and one of the most common aggravators of their skin is a steamy hot shower!
• Eat lots of fish, flax seeds, and other foods that contain vitamin E to achieve healthy-looking skin. We developed our Mega Oil for this exact reason! You have to treat the skin internally and externally!
- If your skin is exceptionally dry, use a day face cream and a night face cream every day. It helps your skin to stay hydrated all the time!
• Use lukewarm water in washing your face as a way to prevent cracks and dryness on the skin.
• Increase the level of humidity in your home to avoid experiencing dry skin. We suggest a a humidifier for this particular purpose.
• Avoid using strong facial scrubs and toners. These kinds of products can just aggravate your skin even more. Some of the chemicals in these products actually do more harm than good!
The skin is considered the largest organ of the body. In fact, it is your first line of defense against certain illnesses and infections. It goes without saying that it is important to follow a daily skin routine. The tips above can help you prevent skin dryness and maintain a healthy, soft, and glowing skin.